Thursday 31 July 2014

" The Double Threat Of Danger"- Miss Fortune ft Tyler Carter

Song: The Double Threat Of Danger
Album: A Spark To Believe
Artist: Miss Fortune (featuring Tyler Carter of Issues)
Genre: Post- Hardcore
Rating: ****

(I'm going to start of by saying I fully intended to review the acoustic version of this song that is on their album. I had never heard the original version but now I have heard it I prefer it to the one I knew prior.)

Miss Fortune are a fairly new band. Their debut album 'A Spark To Believe' (which I amazing, please go buy it right now!) came out in May. I heard of them when their single 'Interstate 44' was on the Sumerian (their record label) sample CD on the front of RockSound magazine earlier this year. I immediately fell in love with it and couldn't wait for the album.

Tyler Carter, guest vocalist on the song, is one of the lead singers in the metalcore band Issues. He is 22 and has previously sung in A Path Less Traveled and Woe, Is Me. He has done guest vocals for Hands Like Houses, Breath Carolina, Ice Nine Kills, Jamie's Elsewhere and more.

'The Double Threat Of Danger' Lyrics 

I really, really love this song and I have absolutely no idea why it is not on the album!

This is the official video-thing for the original of this song.

 This is the acoustic version from their album.

 I think this is the only actual video by them. It is called 'Chasing Dreams'. So good. Sooo good.


Miss Fortune
Members: Mikey Sawyer (vocals)
                 Josh Kikta (guitar)
                 Harley Graves (guitar)
                 Ian Marchionda (bass)
                 Jason Connolly (drums)
Albums: A Spark To Believe (2014)
Origin: Denver, Colorado, United States

Left to right: Jason, Ian, Mikey, Harley, Josh


For anyone who plays guitar and uses Ultimate Guitar, lead guitarist Josh post some of their songs for guitar pro users (not me :( ) so you can use that if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment